Natural Network Blog Hop: Slow Food Challenge

Photobucket
Today, September 17, Slow Food USA is inviting you to be a part of their $5 Challenge, and the Natural Network Blog Hop wants to kick it off and invite you to join us! The challenge is to take back the 'value meal' by getting together with family, friends or neighbors to enjoy a meal that costs no more than $5 per person (the cost of the average fast food meal).


Slow Food USA says that slow food shouldn't have to cost more than fast food, and they're right! If you want to join in, you can sign up for the challenge over at Slow Food USA. If you're a blogger, join us by sharing your favorite slow food meal ideas and linking up with to our Natural Network Blog Hop at the bottom of this post!

Here's where I confess that I didn't make a 'slow food' meal tonight (we had homemade pizza but used pre-made dough, canned tomato paste & pre-shredded cheese).  I went to the market today armed with a list, but somewhere between the house and the market, I lost the list and had to do my best without it.  As such, I forgot some key items for my kickoff $5 challenge meal.  We'll head out again tomorrow & try again.

Tomorrow, I will be reviewing a recipe from the cookbook, The Sneaky Chef by Missy Chase Lapine.  I recently purchased this book because my youngest has been boycotting most fruits & veggies for a while now.  I'm not a big fan of sneaking nutrients in or tricking the kids into eating healthier, but the reality is that my youngest is likely not eating a very balanced diet right now.  I'll continue to offer fruits & veggies in their whole form and will be ecstatic if he eats them, but I will also give "sneakiness" a try at the same time.

While Colin napped today, Jack helped me make the first puree.  Here are a few photo previews (clickable):

  PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Jack loved the puree by itself.  I let him have one spoon full and then he licked the bowl when I was finished bagging it all for the freezer.  Clearly, he's not the one boycotting the healthy stuff!

Recipe review to follow!  In the meantime, let me know if you plan to join the challenge & what you will make.

UPDATE:  Click Here for recipe review.


Photobucket


Join the Natural Network Blog Hop:
Follow the first five blogs in the Linky, these are your hosts. Be sure to leave us a comment so we can follow you back!

Leave a link to your Blog Post so we can follow you!

Feel free to grab the linky code and post it on your blog post!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment